Thank you for your inquiry into a Road Rules Driving School Beginner Driver Education course.
We want you to know that as our customer, your goals become our goals. In fact, we want nothing but a lifetime of safe driving for our customers! To that end, Road Rules (a Ministry Approved Beginner Driver Education Course Provider), will provide 30 hours of in-class/online teaching (including homework), as well as 10 hours of in-car training. It is widely accepted that 40 hours of in-car experience is required before anyone should attempt a road test. If the driver has grown up around farm vehicles, atv's etc, this is not usually an issue. If they have not ridden so much as a ride-on lawnmower, it is recommended that they receive 3 hours of supplemental experience for every hour with the driving trainer where possible. At Road Rules, we believe there is no greater positive influence on a beginner driver's attitude toward driving than the involvement of their parent(s) or guardian(s).
- Upon graduation, (an average of 70% must be achieved by the student in-class and in-car), the student will be able to sit the G2 Drivers Test after 8 months instead of 12 months. The Driver's Licence History provides proof of successful completion of and graduation from a BDE course and is widely recognized by the insurance industry as proof of course completion.
- Ministry of Transportation regulations require the Beginner Driver Education course be completed within one year.
It is best to sign up for a course offered as soon after the student gets their G1 as possible; at least several months before the student is eligible to sit their road test, in order to have sufficient time to complete their 10 hours of in-car training (especially if they are an inexperienced driver). The goal should be to progress the student through the in-car lessons at a rate which is suitable for their level of experience.
Once the student completes all components of the course, their final marks and personal information are entered into the on-line MTO Beginner Driver Education Course Database. They do not require any paperwork to go for their G2 road test; their information will already be in the system. Once the student receives their G2, the insurance company will require proof of graduation from a Driver Education course. For this proof you can go online at www.ontario.ca/, and print off a Drivers License History. You will be required to provide the license number and there is a $12.50 fee.
Driver Education Registration Form
- Once enrolled, you will receive login information from Road Rules. 30 hours of classroom/online instruction (includes 10 hours of homework), + 10 hours of in-car training.
- Students must have their G1 licence before starting the in-car instruction. If the student does not have their G1 when they take the in-class, they must contact Road Rules office as soon as possible after obtaining it, so we can schedule the first in- car lesson. In-car takes the longest-please do not wait until 11 months have gone by to start lessons.
- Once the student has completed all components of the course, their information will be entered into the Ministry of Transportation on-line system. Road tests can then be booked at drivetest.ca.
- Method of payment is etransfer ($719.00 + HST = $812.47). If asked for password: course7. We do accept credit cards however there is a 4% surcharge (fee for course is $844.97 including HST).
- If a student misses an in-car session without proper notification to the instructor (24 hours), an additional $25.00 fee will apply. Sickness the morning of is very excusable. Please communicate with instructor asap so they can fill that slot.
- Please use common sense with sickness. If you feel unwell and/or have cold/flu/covid symptoms, please reschedule your lesson. Hand hygiene protocol i.e., hand washing/sanitization before getting in the car and before getting out of car is recommended.
- I understand that Public Health Ontario recommends physical distancing of at least 6 feet to prevent transmission, and this is not possible with in-car instruction.
- I agree that, if I were to exhibit any symptoms of, or am diagnosed with, Covid-19, I will immediately contact Road Rules so that proper steps can be taken to limit the spread.
- A full refund will be given, less $90.00 administration fee, only if the request is received at least 3 business days prior to the first class.